Tuesday, June 4, 2019

My Best Photojournalism

I think that the photo above is my favorite example of photojournalism from this term. I like it because of its photo qualities, and because there is a story embedded within it. The photo is clear, the subjects are in focus, the short depth of field draws attention to the athletes, and the colors are even. It is also obvious in the photo what is taking place here: three athletes competing in a track and field race.

While I like many photos I took this term, this one stands out because it doesn't require a lot of explaining in order to understand the significance of the photo, and I think that reflects good photojournalism. I would say that the main thing I've learned from photojournalism class this term is that good photos should be somewhat self-explanatory. When I first started this photojournalism course, the pictures I took were dependent on their captions, and I think the best improvement I have made is learning to take photos that stand out on their

No comments:

Post a Comment