Tuesday, June 4, 2019

My Goals

My three goals from the beginning of this term were:
1. Better my perceptive and technical skills as a photographer.
2. Become more comfortable just putting myself out there and starting conversations with people I've never met.
3. Familiarize myself with the culture of Linn Benton.

I think I accomplished the first goal by practicing a new approach to my photography than what I typically do. Instead of just doing portraits and "pretty pictures" of people, I tried to branch out and take storytelling photos, and even just that effort to try something new makes me feel accomplished. 

For the second goal, I feel that I mostly did this with the Humans of LBCC assignment when I had to ask to photograph and interview people at random. Some said no, but the more I asked, the easier it became. 

As far as the third goal goes, I don't think I accomplished it to the extend I originally wanted to. What I had in mind was along the lines of attending school and sporting events regularly to photograph, and while I did go to a couple events during the school day to take pictures, I didn't make any sporting events. My schedule was crazy this term and a lot of times photographing extra assignments just didn't make my priority list. Overall though, I feel that I gained a better understanding of how to tell a story with photos over the course of this term, rather than just to take pictures with aesthetic value.

No comments:

Post a Comment