Friday, May 10, 2019

Action/Sports Photos

For my sports photo assignment, I have photos from my younger brother's track meet. There is a chance I might take photos at a friend's college track meet in Eugene this Saturday- I will use whichever ones end up being the best.

I actually have a lot of experience shooting action photos thanks to four years on the yearbook team in high school, but I would say the most difficult thing when shooting outdoor sports is the background. You have to think ahead about where you will be standing and what in the background could draw attention away from your intended subject. Also, at track meets everything goes by really fast and you only get a few seconds to snap the perfect action shot; it isn't like basketball or football where everyone is running back and fourth over the course of an hour or two.

For my non-action shot, I want to use a photo of some athletes before or after an event- talking with one another or with a coach. A good close-up would be a photo of a single athlete running or jumping, cropped closely enough to where nothing else is there to distract from them. For a medium shot, I'd like to get multiple people running a race and competing against one another, and for an overall I could get a shot that includes some of the track itself, infield, and sidelines with people watching to get a really good feel for the overall scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment