Friday, May 10, 2019

Free Choice Shoot: Portraits


 Emily Hopfer


For my free choice photoshoot, I took graduate portraits for Emily Hopfer. Emily is graduating this year from Oregon State University with her bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science; she works at Roseburg Forest Products as a digital marketing coordinator.


For this photoshoot, I met Emily at McKercher County Park in Brownsville. It was a beautiful day for a shoot and perfect weather to go wading in the Calapooia River. As Emily walked in the shallow water she said to me laughingly, "This is a perfect analogy for my college career- wading upstream and trying not to fall down." The close-up photo below features the tassel to Emily's graduation cap, atop a handful of mud which represents her degree in agriculture and her interest in soil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment