Friday, May 17, 2019

Photo Story Ideas

I have a couple of ideas for my photo story assignment- the first one is the one I really want to do but it is going to be difficult to be in the right places at the right times because of my school and work schedule.

1.) I would love to document the process of timber harvest- possibly some photos of a tree planting crew, someone cutting trees, setting chokers, loading a log truck, wood being processed in a mill, etc. Logging is important in my family, my dad is a forester, and I am engaged to a logger. I've always been surrounded by it and I think it would be perfect for this project. If I could go to work with my fiance I could get photos of timber falling, there is a clear cut on my family's property with young trees growing that I could photograph to show them in a young stage, and I know I could find connections through my dad to photograph log trucks and a mill. The challenge would be timing- I work all day on Saturdays and Sundays, and go to school during the week. However, I could probably accomplish most of these photo shoots by going after school, and there are a couple of days in the next two weeks where I won't be having class after noon. This is what I am going to try to do but if it wont work, I do have another idea.

2.) I work at Thistledown Farm and Market in Junction City, and most of our crops are grown out on the farm. I could probably take some photos of produce growing out in the fields and watch it ripen, then get some pictures of harvest and photograph it once it is brought into the store. This would be slightly easier on my schedule since some of these photos would be ones I could get before or after work when I'm already there, and I am sure my boss would be OK it.

I will try for the first option, but if it doesn't work out, I like my backup plan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment