Friday, April 19, 2019

Self-Critique

I think the best photo I have shot this term was my photo of Nellie Kosmala for the "Humans of LBCC" assignment. The lighting is optimal, she has a really nice, natural smile on her face, she is well framed, and I was able to frame some leading lines thanks to the hallway in which she was sitting.

While I don't think my worst photo is bad, I wish I would have framed it differently. This was my photo of Brooke Hopfer for "Humans of LBCC II"- she is really tall and I had her stand on a hill above me to take the picture. I loved the background and lighting in this photo; it portrayed the Linn Benton school building in the background and I liked that a lot. However, I wish I would have gotten above her somehow, or at least at eye-level so her face wouldn't be so far away in the picture.

In order to improve the overall quality of my photos, I want to work on adapting better to my subjects' backgrounds, comfort zones, and physical features to portray them individually as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment