Friday, April 5, 2019

Week One Assignment

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie, I am a freshman at LBCC and taking photojournalism for the first time this term. My major is in Business Administration, but my passion is photography. I wanted to branch out by taking this journalism class, and see a side of photography that differs from just taking senior portraits, or family photos.

My goals for this class are to not only better my perceptive and technical skills as a photographer, but to become more comfortable just putting myself out there and starting conversations with people I've never met. I also hope to use this as an opportunity to familiarize myself with the culture of Linn Benton- up to this point in school, I have tended to keep to myself and I hope to become more involved.

Some things I could photograph over the course of the term would be LBCC sports, I know that it is baseball season right now and good sports photos and a write-up of a game always makes for interesting subject matter. I am also taking an animal science course this term, and we leave campus every week for lab. If I could take my camera with me on these trips, I could get some great hands-on shots of student involvement at LB, and the notes I take for my lab write-ups could also serve a purpose for this class. Another idea would be to look in on a culinary arts class and photograph students working in the kitchen and making delicious food. All in all, I look forward to the experiences I will have journaling for this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment